Customer satisfaction should be the number one priority of any business. It can make a huge difference in how your bottom line is. Training your team members in ways to increase your customersí satisfaction is key in building a good relationship with the customers.
Here are the top 15 ways to increase customer satisfaction:
1. Listen to what they have to say. Some will just need to rant, even if they are in the wrong. Donít take it personally and always respond in a professional manner. Others may have a valid point and need to know someone is actually listening to them.
2. Donít refer the person to someone else. No one likes to get the run around and be shoved off onto someone else. Get the answers the client needs as quickly as possible.
3. Keep your promises. Only agree to what you can actually deliver. Telling the client you can deliver more than you can not only stresses you but you lose the customerís trust.
4. On the other hand, under-promise and over-deliver whenever possible.
5. Be courteous. Thank your customer for their business. Let them talk without interrupting.
6. Develop personal relationships with your clients. Treat each one as if heís your most important client, even if he is your cheapest.
7. Anticipate their needs. Go the extra step and be ahead of them.
8. Apologize if you are wrong or make a mistake. Everyone makes them.
9. Respond quickly to communications. One working day turnaround time should be top priority for all customer inquiries.
10. Be honest. If a requested deadline canít be met let your client know before you take their order.
11. Keep in touch with the customer. Follow-up with a postcard, an email or a simple thank you phone call.
12. Ask for feedback from your customers. They will give you information to help you improve your customer service and your business reputation.
13. Listen to what your unsatisfied customers have to say. Act on their advice if it is the right thing to do.
14. Smile. Be happy and courteous. Never answer the phone, a text or email when youíre angry. Before you pick up the phone or keyboard, paste a smile on your face and in your voice.
15. Throw away your scripts. People want to hear from real people who treat them like individuals. Each situation is different so you shouldnít have a prewritten script that wonít fit everyone.
Customer satisfaction is one of the most important parts of any business. Learning how to deal with your customers the right way will increase your customer satisfaction, build a community that trusts you and lead to a bigger bottom line.